2channel Anime Saimoe 2013: The Final Is Set


2channel Anime Saimoe 2013: The Final Is Set
Sayaka Miki slashes Watashi easily, will face Madoka Kaname in General Election

By Jo-Ryan Salazar
November 21, 2013

Patrick Hernandez, a famous French singer and disco king, was at Mitakihara Middle School's auditorium on Thursday night, belting out several covers from the 70's and 80's, as well as his signature hit, Born to Be Alive.

At the end of the concert, he made an announcement. "Ladies and gentlemen," he said in French through an interpreter. "I have received an official announcement from the 2channel Anime Saimoe organizers that Ms. Sayaka Miki has defeated Watashi of Humanity Has Declined 203-129 to advance to Saturday's General Election for the Saimoe Prime Minister's office. Congratulations, Ms. Miki!"

"That was expected," Miki said to the media. "Now I get to face my childhood friend in the General Election. One part of me wants to win, but the other part believes that Madoka will get it done. Either way, I hold my head high. This is nothing more than a glorified exhibition."

"Sayaka-chan is looking for payback this year and I will need to be on my guard," Kaname told the press. "I know that I need to give it my best and I need to win the trust of the voters. This will not be an easy opponent to take down. I know her very well because both of us go way back, and I need to give it my best shot."

"This is going to be a tough call for the voters still interested," Mami Tomoe said via phone interview. "Who can you choose? Kaname-san or Miki-san? This will not be an easy decision for Japan. Both of them are special and unique in their own way. Hopefully the people vote with their hearts and not their heads."

"The day of reckoning nears," Homura Akemi said, reflective as always. "Madoka needs to make the most of it and do what she can to win the day. It's all up to her now. If she fails, I won't blame her."

"I don't know if Sayaka can hold up to Madoka but she can always try," Kyouko Sakura said over the phone. "If she wins, I think the Madoka voters will return next year, so if the neutrals want to give themselves a chance next year and have someone else step up, they will need to give Madoka the victory on Saturday and we'll leave them alone. I promise you."

Last year's winner, Toki Onjouji, was introspective as well.

"I think both Madoka and Sayaka are wonderful people and both deserve to be where they are," Onjouji said. "I know who will win this, but I will let the voters reveal it this weekend."

"Conventional wisdom dictates that this is a no-brainer, but in contests like this, the unpredictable can happen," said Ruri Gokou, the 2013 International Saimoe League champion and 5th place finisher at this AST. "It's pretty much 50-50 if you ask me."

"I had a good run, and I don't have any ill feelings about how I finished," Watashi said via videoconference. "It was a great run and I leave this tournament with a big smile on my face. I don't regret a single thing from this experience."

No comments: